First movie of 2019 Salem’s Lot 2004

Salem’s Lot, the 2004 mini-series based on the Stephen King novel, holds up. (My DVD calls it a movie, so I think it qualifies for this blog.) I have not seen it in a few years. It is different from the 1979 mini-series in some ways.

Rob Lowe stars as Ben Mears, a writer coming back to the small town of Salem’s Lot in Maine. He wants to write a book about the town. While he is in town, mysterious things start to happen. There are vampires in the town. (This is a 14 year old mini-series based on a book that is 43 years old, I am not overly concerned with spoilers.)

I like this movie/mini-series and the 1979 mini-series too. I think Rob Lowe, Andre Braugher, and Samantha Mathis were good in their roles and there are some creepy events. James Cromwell is also good in his role. A major difference between the two adaptations is Barlow is more like he is in the novel and not the monster from the 1979 version.

It is worth tracking down.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible