Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Who’s Harry Crumb stared John Candy as an inept private detective investigating a kidnapping. Of course Harry thinks he is a great detective. (That is the source of the comedy.) His father and grandfather were great detectives.

He is assisted by the kidnapped girl’s sister Nicki (Shawnee Smith). They have a good chemistry. I liked John Candy but this is a trifle. I probably should not have bought it but I did. (At least it was reasonably priced.)

There was a brief bit where Harry disguises himself as an Indian American (not Native American). I don’t think it was really mean-spirited but it would not go over well today.

I guess this might be considered Candy’s attempt to create an inspector Clouseau type character.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible