Empire Records might be a bit of a mess

I re-watched Empire Records and the film is likable but it is not really good. There is a lot going on in the film, maybe too much. This movie is about a day at a record store that has an odd cast of characters working there.

I never worked at a record store, so I am not saying the movie is unrealistic based on any life experience. Maybe it is. It seems to be a fairly eventful day at the record store including a celebrity appearance, a financial crisis/impending sale to a large chain, an employee shaving her head right before her work shift, and one co-worker convinced he is in love with another co-worker. Maybe one of these plots/subplots should have been dropped.

This has a good cast Liv Tyler, Rene Zellweger, Anthony LaPagila, Ethan Embry, Robin Tuney, and some others. Maybe that helps the appeal of the film. It has a good soundtrack, which probably also helps the appeal.

I don’t hate this movie but I might not want to re-watch it again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible