I am not sure about the Venom movie

I am not sure about the Venom movie. Previews have been decent and Tom Hardy is usually good. If Venom is not fighting Spider-man, why the heck would I care? I guess if the story and performances are good, I will care.

Venom did move beyond his role as Spider-man’s enemy in the comics. However, these are not the comics. I see Venom first and foremost as a foe for Spider-man. I have no interest in a Joker movie without Batman but the studio reportedly thinks people do and is a planning one.

We will see but Venom’s origin involves Spider-man and also Eddie Brock’s previous history with Spider-man. I am not sure who Venom is without a relationship to Spider-man. 

I could be overthinking this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible