I liked Tag until I didn’t

I liked Tag up to a point. It is pretty enjoyable until the third act. Maybe if the third act had been better or avoided a plot point, it would have been a lot better. (I am not going to spoil the plot point.)

This is a movie about a bunch of men who play a month long game of tag each year. These guys are played by actors that could not have childhood friends in real life. (I think the audience is supposed to ignore that.) Jeremy Renner plays Jerry who seems to have almost supernatural abilities at times. These scenes were fun. Jerry has never been tagged and plans to quit playing after this year.

This is inspired by a true story. I am not familiar with the real story, so I don’t know how much truth remains on screen.  I am saying inspired instead of based on because this movie seems pretty removed from real life at times and also there were ten friends in the story but the movie features five.

The cast is good. You have Jake Johnson, Hannibal Buress, Jon Hamm, Isla Fisher, and Ed Helms as well as Jeremy Renner. Rashida Jones has a small role and it was good to see her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible