Maybe “Ant-man and the Wasp” is too jokey

I liked the Ant-man and the Wasp movie but maybe it was too jokey. The whole “there is no such thing as truth serum” was close to being over done.

I don’t think the movie needed to be overly grim but it could be a bit more serious. Thor Ragnarok was too jokey too and it undercut the dramatic moments at times and on re-watch it was really noticeable. This movie doesn’t do that as much.

Overall this is a good movie. I liked the fight scenes, the main villain was interesting, and Evangeline Lily was more likable as Hope Van Dyne. I think her character was made more likeable in the script for this movie and the movie belongs to her as much as it does to Paul Rudd.

If there is a third movie in the franchise, I’d like it to be less jokey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible