Movie Going Experience

I wanted to post something about re-watching Bowling for Columbine but I cannot figure out what I want to say, so I wrote this on the movie going experience.

I like to go to the first non 3D showing of the day when I go to a movie. I don’t hate 3D but I don’t care for it.  Maybe I saw some subpar 3D movies a few years back but if there is a choice I choose 2D over 3D.  I don’t remember the last time I thought 3D added anything to the movie.

I like the first showing of a movie. It is a little cheaper and there are often fewer people there. I like both of those things. Also I like the first showing of the day because if the movie is not good, I feel like I have a lot of the day left to do other things.  If the movie is good and something else is playing that I want to see, there is time to see another movie. (I once went to four movies in a weekend, a 2 day weekend.)

I go to mostly the same two or three theaters. There are two theater chains where I live and I prefer one chain over the other.(I am not going to mention the chains because this is not an add and also I prefer one chain a lot because of familiarity.) There was going to be a third chain coming but it seems like it won’t happen now.

It feels odd having to buy tickets in advance. There were a couple of big movies when I didn’t buy tickets in advance and I had to go to three different theaters to get a ticket. (One movie sold out as I was driving to the theater.) Sometimes I will buy tickets a few days in advance now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible