Set It Up is pretty good

Netflix’s original movies are all over the place. Adam Sandler has Netflix movies, some are actually not awful according to rumors. The Set Up is a romantic comedy about two assistants who set up their bosses and fall in love. The bosses are Lucy Liu (who I used to not like as an actress) and Taye Diggs. The assistants are Glen Powell and Zoey Deutch.

It is not ground breaking. It features classic songs on the soundtrack (considering the main characters are in their early or late twenties some of those songs are surprisingly old). It is set in New York. It features a disposable girlfriend. (These are all features of romantic comedies.) Sometimes a formula movie well done is rewarding and I think this is one of those times.

I saw Powell first in Everybody Wants Some and he is really good here. Lucy Liu and Taye Diggs are good too. Zoey Duetch is charming here. I think I first saw her in Vampire Academy.

I wonder if this movie would have done well in theaters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible