The Mission Impossible series

I have seen all five Mission Impossible movies but I have not seen any of the first three in at least a decade. I don’t think they pop up on cable on a semi-regular basis like the Star Wars movies do (for example.) At the end of the month, the sixth film in the franchise opens and I am not sure if I should go back and watch the first three films in the series.

The first one I remember being decent. The second one has become interesting to think about because actor Dougray Scott was supposed to play Wolverine in the first X-men movie but he got hurt on a stunt while making Mission Impossible and Hugh Jackman became Wolverine. How different would things have been if Scott hadn’t been injured is fun to think about but impossible to know. I don’t remember much about the third film.

The fourth and fifth films in the series are really good. I liked the fourth one and I thought the fifth one was even better. The upcoming film, Mission Impossible Fallout, looks like it will be really good.   Rebecca Ferguson will be back, so that should be good.

Tom Cruise is only constant from all six films. It is an odd series in a way because there was such a long time between films two and three, and films three and four. Also before now a new director directed each film in the series.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible