Movie thoughts 9-01-2018

It was nice to see the first Harry Potter movie on the big screen. Cinemas are showing the Harry Potter movies for a limited time in honor of the 20th anniversary of the first book. I might go to another one of the films.

I saw the House on Haunted Hill remake from 1999. It is okay and Geoffrey Rush did a nice impersonation of Vincent Price. The original is better but the remake has a few charms. I wouldn’t watch them as a double feature though.

Lana Condor should have gotten more to do as Julibee in X-Men Apocalypse.  It is clear after seeing her in To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before.

I like the remake of the Blob more than the original. I think the remake is just better in a few ways and I like Kevin Dillion (when he is not in Entourage). (This is not the time or place to rip Entourage but I would be willing to rip it at the right time or the right place.)

I don’t want a Star Trek movie without Chris Pine. I might get one if rumors are to be believed. I don’t blame Pine for not wanting to take less money, he signed a deal. (Paramount reportedly asked him to take less money.) If his contract is still valid, why should he take less? 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible