My Cousin Vinny holds up

My Cousin Vinny holds up. I had not seen it in a few years, so I wondered if it would hold up. It does.

Joe Peschi stars as Vincent Vinny Gambini a lawyer who is called in to defend his cousin and his friend after they are charged with murder in a small town in Alabama. Vinny has never tried a case. (He had some trouble passing the bar exam.) He has a lot to learn.

It was nice to see Vinny destroy the DA’s case. We know the guys did not kill the store clerk but the DA’s case on first appearance seems solid. The fun is seeing how Vinny will poke holes in the case.

The cast is pretty good but Ralph Machio does not get a lot to do. I guess that is the biggest complaint  about the film. Marisa Tomei was really good in her role, I think she won an Oscar. Lane Smith is on hand as the DA and Fred Gywnne is the judge. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible