Thoughts about Leave No Trace

Ben Foster stars as Will, a veteran, who is living in a park in Oregon with his daughter Tom. One day someone sees Tom and then the police and social services come to investigate.  A compromise is reached and a living situation is set up. Will wants to live off the land again but Tom starts to want something more.

This is a good movie. It is based on a novel that I never heard of, so I cannot say if the movie adapted the novel well. Some things are alluded to instead of outright explained. Tom’s mother is not with them but i was not sure if she left the family or if she died. Also I am not sure if Tom wanted to be found.

Foster is good as Will. He doesn’t overact but there is something subtly off about him. Thomasin McKenzie is good as Tom. She has been compared to Jennifer Lawrence and I am not sure I see that. (Sometimes I don’t get the appeal of Jennifer Lawrence.)

I thought it was an interesting story with good performances.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible