Gremlins 2 doesn’t hold up

Gremlins 2 doesn’t hold up. I re-watched it recently and I lost interest. I did finish the film though. I am not sure why I lost interest.

Gremlins 2 happens a few years after the original and Billy, the main character from the first film, is working at an office building when he finds Gizmo, who has been separated from his owner. The office building is owned by Daniel Clamp, who is meant to suggest maybe Ted Turner crossed with Donald Trump.

Gizmo gets wet, more Gremlins are created, they eat after midnight, and havoc ensures. It is still funny in places but I remember it being a lot funnier and more engaging the last time I saw it.
Christopher Lee had a supporting role, it was always a pleasure to see him.

I am not sure if I am ever going to see this movie again, so maybe I will not figure out why I lost interest in it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible