Re-Watching the Unnameable

I have not seen the Unnameable in years. This is a 1988 horror movie where college students go to an old house where a monster lives. (The monster was trapped in the house by a spell. The monster is a legend.) Two of the students are going there looking for a friend who disappeared and four of them are on a double date.

It is not bad. The actors are mostly likeable or relatable. I liked Randolph Carter, who is usually just called Carter, and his friend Howard.  One of the female leads is more likeable than the other but that is a writing issue, not a talent issue. The monster is creepy and the abandoned house is a good location for this type of film. The monster make up and suit is pretty good for a low budget movie of the era.

I don’t think it is great and it probably is not a great adaption of H.P. Lovecraft’s short story. (If I read that story, it was a long time ago.) There was a sequel, maybe it will come to Blu-Ray. I think it is worth seeing if you have not seen it.

I need either more time or to buy fewer movies because I never explore the bonus features. This new edition Blu-Ray has a decent amount of bonus features.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible