The Blob (1988) might be underrated

I like this movie. I like it even more after rewatching it earlier this year. I think I might watch it again before the year ends. This probably is not one of the 10 best horror movies of its year but it might in the top 15 or top 20.

In a small town a strange creature lands and starts to cause havoc. The creature, the Blob, eats people and gets bigger as it does. The military come to investigate but are their motives what say they are?

I think the effects are good for the time and the Blob seems menacing. Maybe the effects would be better today but you need to expect that when watching an older movie. The death of the person trapped in the phone both was a highlight.

I like Kevin Dillon in this movie. His character is not the obvious choice for the hero but he rises to the ocaasion. I think he played well off leading lady Shawnee Smith. As bad as the show Entourage was later, I will always like Kevin Dillon as an actor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible