Thoughts about the Marine 6 Close Quarters

Mike “the Miz” Mizanin returns as Marine and EMT Jake Carter in this movie. He has been the star of this franchise since the third film. He and his former CO Luke Trapper (Shawn Michaels) are checking in on another veteran when they discover a teenage girl who has been kidnapped. Her father is a juror in a major criminal trial and the gang of criminals is using her to force him to cause a mistrial.

This is a fun action movie. Okay, the villains are a bunch of goons for the most part. The main villain is Becky Lynch, another wrestler. (Lynch, from what I’ve learned, is a rising star in WWE.) The fight scenes are pretty good and the heroes make a likable pair. The movie moves at a good pace, which probably helps.

I have not seen any other films in this series, so I have no idea if this better than the last movie or two. Mike the Miz Mizanin is likable and fights well on screen. He is earnest, at least in this film. He is not at Dave Bautista’s level as an actor but I wouldn’t mind seeing him in another film. Maybe I will go back and watch some of the previous entries in this series. I might wait a month or two.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible