Thoughts about the House with a Clock in its Walls

A young boy named Lewis, maybe 11 or 12 years old, comes to live with his uncle (Jack Black). Lewis’ parents died in a car accident. The uncle lives in a strange house that seems to be alive. The uncle is a warlock.

Black is good in this. He might have been making this instead of Goosebumps Haunted Halloween and this movie might be a little better than the Goosebumps sequel. Cate Blanchett co-stars as a witch. She is good too.

I am not going to talk about the plot but I liked the movie. I think it was set in the army 1950s but it might not have been said. I thought it took a while to start but it had a good ending. Black is a bit subdued at times but it fits the story. His relationship with Blanchett is fun. I thought the young actor playing Lewis was good.

I think it is fine for families. This has some horrorific features but families can enjoy it.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible