2012’s Jesus Christ Superstar Live Arena Tour

I had never seen Jesus Christ Superstar before today but I had heard some of the songs. I watched a 2012 production that was slightly modernized (the Roman guards look like a modern swat team, and Judas has a cellphone for some examples). The only actor/singer I recognized was Melanie C (the former Spice Girl).

This is the story of how Judas betrays Christ (and why) and how Christ is crucified. The show is sympathetic towards Judas. The show is also sympathetic towards Ponicus Pilate. That surprised me.
There are several songs sung including Gesthame, Superstar, I Don’t Know How to Love Him, and Everything is All Right. (These were songs I knew before I saw the movie.) I thought the performances were good and the songs were sung well.

I enjoyed it. I think it might be worth re-watching later this year.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible