I listened to a podcast about Glass but I still hate Glass

I listened to the Slash Film podcast episode on Glass. The podcast was fun, the hosts had some interesting views and their conversation was enjoyable. It actually made me reconsider my thoughts about the movie. That was time well spent. (If you look up the podcast, I will not benefit in any way. I am not being paid for this mention of the podcast.)

I still hate or at least dislike Glass. The movie ends badly. I have probably have seen movies with endings I disliked more but at the moment it is hard to remember one. I did not like the ending of Game Night.

The podcast suggested for all the movie’s faults, you have to admire the film’s ambitions. It is an interesting idea but I am not sure if I agree with that. Ambitions are nice but if they are not reached, maybe that means the filmmakers were overly ambitious.

The podcasters said maybe complete creative freedom, which Shyamalan basically had with this film, does not always produce great work. Maybe some artists need limits or boundaries or someone to say no to some of their ideas. That some creative types might need some direction. That idea interests me.

So, in final thoughts the podcast might have made reconsider a few things but I still believe that Glass is a bad film. I might not re-watch it anytime soon or at all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible