Thoughts on Glass

Glass is a sequel to both Unbreakable and Split. Bruce Willis, James McAvoy, and Samuel L. Jackson all return from their respective films. This is from writer/director M. Night Shyamalan. He has had a interesting career, with some hits and some flops. He has a reputation for overusing the twist ending in his films.

David Dunn, from Unbreakable, is looking for the Horde (the villain with multiple personalities from Split). David and the Horde are captured by police and taken to a mental hospital where a doctor tries to convince them that they are not superhuman. Also on hand is Mr. Glass, the villain from Unbreakable with the high iq and brittle bones.

James McAvoy is really good as the Horde. He is really convincing switching characters. He might be the best best part of the movie. I think there might have been some special effects or make up used but most of the transformation comes from his performance.

Anya Taylor-Joy returns from Split but she doesn’t have a lot to do. It was nice to see her and I hope she has interesting projects lined up.

I liked this movie up to a point. Some performances were good and the movie starts well. I thought it was a nice touch that the actor that played Willis’ son in Unbreakable returned for this film.

I am not sure if I hate the ending or just think it was a bad idea. I haven’t talked about the plot in detail and I guess I cannot explain the problem with the ending without detailing the plot. I am okay with that but there are other problems with the plot than just the last act.

I think this might be worth seeing just for McAvoy’s performance.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible