Thoughts on the Great Battle

The Great Battle is a Korean movie about a small armed force defending a fortress against a massive invasion force. This is inspired by an event in Korean history. (The movie takes liberties.)

I thought the battle scenes were well staged and compare well with epic battles from films like the Lords of the Rings series. I liked some of the performances, even in the subtitled version. I also like stories about men defending a fortress (like the Alamo story and the book Legend by David Gemmel). The movie moves at a good clip, even though it is over 2 hours long.

I might watch this again before the year ends.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/entertainment/movies/article/Review-Korean-film-The-Great-Battle-a-13239650.php
I liked this review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible