I lost interest in the Girl in the Spider’s Web

I am not saying this is a terrible movie. I just lost interest and I think I had 40 or maybe 50 minutes left to watch. I might try it to watch it again in a month or so. Or I might not.

Claire Foy plays Lisabeth Salandar, the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, in this movie. She is the third actress to take the role and she is good in it. The problems with the film don’t include her. This movie bombed but it doesn’t seem like it hurt Foy’s career.

I am not sure why I lost interest. I thought there was a car chase that went on too long. I’ve seen a lot of car chases over the years but it feels like I have not seen a really good one in a while. This feels like it wants to be a female James Bond or female Jason Bourne movie. It is fairly humorless. Except for Foy’s performance, there is not much to recommend this film.

I am not recommending this movie. If I re-watch it and revise my opinion, I will write a new blog posting,








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible