Re-thinking Captain Marvel

Captain Marvel is a good film, but not a very good film. There are some nice moments and it is nice to see the Kree and the Skrulls on the big screen. However this is not top tier Marvel and might be middle tier or lower.

I did not mind the 90s references or the music choices. I did not think the movie overdid the 90s references and I liked most of the song choices. There might have been a song choice that was a bit too obvious.

I think maybe the main character suffering memory loss for most of the movie hurt Brie Larson’s performance. We will see how her performance in Avengers Endgame compares.

I do think the movie is worth seeing again. Almost all the Marcel movies are. Maybe I would have made a few changes if I had written the movie. I don’t want to say more and I want to avoid spoilers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible