Why I don’t do grades on my movie thoughts

I don’t do grades for my movie thoughts postings. I don’t consider the thoughts a formal review, so I decided not to do grades. I figure if I say the movie is worth seeing or re-watching that should be enough.

I don’t go to every movie and I don’t watch all the big cable movies. I go to movies that I expect to enjoy and if I were giving grades I might be giving a lot of As, Bs, and some Cs.

Also I remember Roger Ebert saying that he came to dislike grades in his reviews because some people took the grades too seriously. He meant the grades to be relative but it seemed to him that people were taking them as absolutes. He felt that grades were relative to genre but some readers did not understand that.

So, I don’t give movies grades.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible