Detective Pikachu thoughts

This is okay. Justice Smith is likable as Tim, a cop’s son, who comes to Rhyme City after he hears about his dad dying in a car wreck. Ryme City has Pokemon living in it. He meets a Pikachu but unlike the rest of the humans, Tim can understand the Pikachu (voiced by Ryan Reynolds).

The Pokemon look good on screen and share the screen well with the people. It looked convincing to me. Various Pokemon are introduced but if you are not a fan of Pokémon, you can enjoy the film.

It is nice to see Kathryn Newton as the want to be reporter Lucy but she does not have much to do, hopefully she has another project or two lined up. She and Justice Smith could be a good couple together in another movie. I like Bill Nighy as much as anyone, so it was nice to see him. Reynolds is good as the voice of Pikachu.

I liked it well enough. I am not sure if I’d want to see it again. I think I could have made a few worse movie choices this weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible