Early reviews of Aladdin are good

Early reviews of Aladdin are good. That is a bit surprising. Maybe I should consider seeing it. I did not have high hopes for this movie.

Will Smith is getting good reviews for his performance as the Genie. Taking on the part that Robin Williams did in the animated film seems daunting. Naomi Scott got some good reviews for her performance as Jasmine and she gets a new song.

I have avoided most of the remakes of Disney animated movies. I have a  theory “the more you like the original movie, the less likely you are to like the remake”. (There are some exceptions of course but that theory is good maybe 88 to 92 percent of the time.) Maybe this remake could prove to be an exception.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible