I don’t feel interested in the Hustle

Rebel Wilson and Anne Hathaway star as con artists in this new movie. It is a remake of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, the movie where Michael Caine and Steve Martin played con artists (which was a remake of another movie). I don’t feel interested in this movie but I guess if I see some good reviews maybe that will change.

Hathaway is doing a bad British accent but not a terrible one. (Maybe it plays better in the movie. Maybe it will seem less jarring the more a person hears it.) Wilson seems to be doing her same material from her other movies. I am not really tired of either actress (not like I was tired of Seth Rogen a few years back) but I don’t feel interested in it.

The film’s gimmick, from I’ve seen in trailers, is Hathaway’s character is convinced that no man will ever believe that a woman is smarter than he is. That is not a bad idea and maybe the movie is better than the trailers looked. Trailers are unreliable.  (See the Trailer truths below)

The Trailer truths

Good movie can have bad trailers
Bad movies can have good trailers
Trailers sometimes lie
Trailers are made early and sometimes footage from a trailer isn’t in the movie
A trailer’s job is to sell the movie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible