Thinking about Anton Yelchin

It has been almost three years since Anton Yelchin died. We cannot know what paths his career would have taken if he had not died in a freak car accident. He apparently wanted to direct a movie.

As good as he was in Star Trek (and he was good), he had other roles. I liked the Fright Night remake and he was really good in it. I think he was good in Terminator Salvation, even if the film it was not that good. He was good in Odd Thomas, which was based on a Dean Koontz novel.

I am not sure if his last movie was Thoroughbreds.  He had a supporting role in that movie. It is worth re-watching just for his performance. (I plan to re-watch it this year.) I think it is his best film outside of Star Trek but I probably should re-watch a few of his other films to be sure.

There is going to be a documentary, Love Antosha, produced by his parents, about him scheduled to come out in June. I have seen one review already, and it sounds like the documentary is worth seeing.

I hope that he is not replaced if there is a fourth Star Trek movie with his former cast mates. I think that was the decision at one point and I agree with it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible