How bad is the new Shaft?

The new Shaft is reportedly really bad. I guess I am glad that I did not go to see it. Is it really as bad as reviews suggest? I have only seen one positive review so far and that critic might be a bit generous from my previous experience reading his reviews.

Samuel L. Jackson returns as John Shaft from 2000’s Shaft and Jessie Usher as John Shaft Jr aka JJ. John is worried/afraid that JJ is not macho enough and possibly gay.  (That sounds homophobic for a movie made in 2018.) Richard Roundtree returns, briefly, as the original John Shaft.

This new movie reportedly remixed the Shaft theme. Someone needs to go to movie jail for that and never get out.

I considered going to this movie but after the really average Men in Black International, I was not up for another movie in theaters so soon.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible