Thinking about Godzilla king of the Monsters

This was good. It was a nice touch that the movie used some music from the Japanese films. I am not saying the new music is bad, it was not, but using some of the old music is a nice touch. I think they used the Godzilla March and Mortha’s theme.

It has been five years since Godzilla has been seen but suddenly the monsters are coming out of hiding. I don’t like the plot that put the monsters in motion, so I won’t talk about it. It would not be a giant monster movie without someone making a terrible decision apparently which is all I will say about that. Godzilla and his fellow monsters need to contend with King Ghidorah, the three headed dragon. (King Ghidorah is from outer space.)

The movie has Godzilla, who still looks a bit wrong, Rodan, Mothra, and King Ghidorah. The monsters look good (even Godzilla, he does look better than he did in the last film). The battles are good and it was nice to see the monsters on the big screen.

Millie Bobby Brown is on hand and she did not turn into her character from Stranger Things. That is nice. Kyle Chandler has a role and so does Vera Farmiga. Charles Dance plays a villain. The performances are good enough I guess.

This won’t be on top ten movies of the year unless the rest of the year is really disappointing. I did enjoy it and plan to watch it again before the year ends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible