Brittany Runs a Marathon is pretty good

Jillian Bell might be best known for comedies. She was in Rough Night, Goosebumps, and one of the Jump Street movies. She takes a more dramatic role in this film. She plays Brittany, a twenty-eight year old woman who is trying to get her life back on track.

After a doctor tells her that she needs to loose weight, she starts to run. I think she was trying to get the doctor to write her a prescription for Adderalll when she saw him. She makes some new friends while running and eventually they start training for the New York Marathon. She loses a friend along the way.

Brittany’s life had gotten off track, for lack of a better phrase. She has a dead end job or least a job that is not a long term job and she parties a lot but she is not happy. Running gives her a start to change her life but there are some obstacles. Brittany herself is an obstacle at times.

I liked this movie. I had seen good reviews for the movie and the movie lived up to them. I thought Bell was good as Brittany, she was relatable even when was not likable (and there were some times she really wasn’t likable). I liked the supporting cast.

Richard Roeper’s review is here. I often like his reviews.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible