I am not really sure what to make of the Rise of Skywalker

On one hand, this is not a terrible movie and it has some nice moments. It was nice to see Lando again. On the other hand, it is long (and feels long) and a couple of moments that should have an impact do not have an impact.  (I am trying to avoid plot details.) I am glad I saw the movie but it has problems.

There was no plan for this series, I am pretty sure about that. People will say there was a plan but I can say that I can sing like Johnny Cash (trust me, I cannot).  If there was a plan, it was thrown away at some point. There is a plot point that contradicts a major plot point from the previous movie.

There are plot points here that make no sense or that the movie does not bother to explain. I, at one point, could explain the post Crisis history of Hawkman, so trust me I when I say a plot point makes no sense. (After the Crisis on Infinite Earths in DC comics, Hawkman's history become complicated and over the years there have been attempts to fix it. Those usually made things more complicated.)

Also where has Lando been for the last two movies?

I think it is good that future Star Wars movies will not build off of this series, This franchise needs a new direction.

I don’t hate this movie but I think I can understand why some critics do.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible