I heard New Mutants is bad

I heard New Mutants is bad. It is at 33 percent on Rotten Tomatoes. That is a shame (especially after all the delays) but sometimes things don’t work out and this was, according to reviews, one thing that didn’t.

Oh well, maybe if the movie is successful enough, some of these characters will be seen again in a future X-men film. Or maybe the characters won’t get another chance on film. That could be okay too. There are still the comics with these characters.

This was directed and co-written by Josh Boone. He is best known for the Fault in Our Stars, and that is not a bad film. I wonder if he really just didn’t connect to the material. He left out one character from the team’s early days because her backstory/origin was too fantastic. The idea behind the film, sort of a horror movie with mutants seemed interesting.

There are reports/clips showing one of the main characters as racist. Without having seen the film, I cannot be sure if that trait was supposed to something the character overcome in the film. I think it might have been something like that.

I will probably catch up with this movie eventually.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible