Is it a Bummer that I am not going to New Mutants?

I like the New Mutants. I know some of the characters fairly well and I remember when the team first appeared. I have seen the original team come back together a few times over the years too. I might not be a huge fan (although I feel more could been done with Sam and Bobby in Hickman's Avengers) but I am interested in seeing their movie.

Is it a bummer that I am not going to New Mutants? Yeah but I don't feel safe going to theaters now. I am not sure how much I could enjoy the movie since I don't feel safe going to a theater now.  It is 2 plus hours in a dark place with people not wearing masks for a lot of the time because they're eating or drinking. There is no way the theaters are going to be open and not sell food and drinks.

I am not going to go to Tenet either.

I think a guy who calls himself Film Brain said it better than anyone else. I don't have the exact quote but he said going to cinemas is nice but a luxury made possible by social stability. (He's British, which explains his use of the term cinemas.) Now things are not stable because of the coronavirus and because of this going to a cinema right now is not a good idea.  He wants to go back to cinemas as much as anyone but now is not the time, he feels. Look at his video on the subject here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible