Superman Man of Tomorrow is good

The latest animated Superman movie, Superman Man of Tomorrow, is good. It features a new voice cast and it is a good cast. I liked the cast overall and I thought Darren Criss and Alexandra Daddario were good as Clark/Superman and Lois Lane.  Maybe in a future film their characters could have more scenes together.

This one features Clark in Metropolis before he puts on the costume and becomes Superman. He encounters the Martian Manhunter, Lobo, the Parasite, and Lex Luthor. He works as an intern at the Dailey Planet, so Lois Lane and Perry White are in the movie but Jimmy Olsen isn't.

The visuals are fine. I don't think they are trying to match any particular artist’s style.  I liked Clark's pre-Superman outfit. Maybe none of the character designs are amazing but they are all pretty good.

I am not a huge fan of Lobo but I thought he worked well here. It was nice to see the Martian Manhunter as sort a mentor to Superman. I liked the new way Parasite's powers worked or how he evolved. It was nice that Batman was mentioned but not seen.

I don't really give grades but I am glad I bought this and I think I will watch this again. I don't give grades for a few reasons. Also since I don't see all the major movies if I gave grades I might give out a lot of As and Bs because I don't watch things I really doubt I'd like. So I am not sure grades would be helpful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible