the City of Violence thoughts

The City of Violence is great. This is a Korean film from  2006. A cop learns that one of his childhood friends was murdered and returns to his hometown to investigate. One of his other friends is now a loan shark, and a third friend helps the cop investigate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GI-3R1i8Qc
This is the trailer.

I seem to have lost my DVD but I have a digital copy. If a Blu-ray ever becomes available, which might be unlikely, I will buy it.

I really like this movie. I liked the fight sequences with two guys fighting off hordes of attackers. I liked the fight against the bad guys using sports equipment. That was fun. I thought the movie moved at a good pace.  I liked the two heroes and I think I liked them more as the film went on. I liked it at the end where the heroes waved off an attacker because they needed a moment.

I even liked the music. I thought the music at the end sequence had a Western (movie about the old west) feel. I am not sure what Western has a theme like the City of Violence though,

Jung Doo Hung, who played the cop and he served as the action director. Seung-wa Ryoo directed and co-stared as the friend who helps the cop. (I think I have them in their correct roles, Wikipeda has their credits reversed but I got this information from IMDB.)

I know everyone loves the Raid Redemption, which I like a lot. I think The City of Violence is really good. If you have never seen it, it is worth seeing. If you haven't seen it in a few years, it is worth seeing again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible