I tried to watch the Ugly Truth

I tried the Ugly Truth.  I wanted to see if it is as bad as its reputation. I've seen an article that suggests that this is the worst romantic comedy ever. I gave up after about 24 minutes. I found both characters annoying or at least hard to like. I guess the movie could have gotten better but I won't know if it did. I really don't see me giving this movie another chance. 

Maybe this is not as bad as its reputation but this the quickest I remember bailing on a romantic comedy in years. If I had gone to a movie theater and paid about $20-25 or so for a ticket, a popcorn, and a soda, I might have given this another twenty minutes or so to improve. I guess if I found the characters less annoying, I might have given it more time. 

Is this worse than the Baywatch movie? Probably not. I am still surprised by how much I did not care for the Baywatch movie. Soon it will be time to retire the Baywatch movie as the current standard for bad movies. I think sometime next year, I will switch to another movie.

Roger Ebert gave this two stars out of four. His review is here. Either he was a more generous person than I am towards films (which is possible) or he saw some films that were so awful that this film did not seem so bad.

James Berardinelli gave tnis movie 2 1/2 stars out of 4. His review, from his website, is here. Beratdinelli seems like a fair critic (I check out his website from time to time), so maybe the movie does get better at some point.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible