I have seen American Pie Presents Girls Rules (updated)

I have seen American Pie Presents Girls Rules. It really exists, which no longer surprises me. It is on Netflix and it is not terrible. Some jokes don’t work (possibly more than do work) but the actors are better than this movie probably deserves. 

It seems hard to believe that one of the actors is named Lizzie Broadway. That seems too corny to be her real name. She is pretty good. She plays Stefanie Stifler (where Stefanie falls on Stifler family tree is unclear). (So far, I have not seen a Stifler family tree but I assume someone made one.)

In the original American Pie, the guys were not competing for a girl. They were all unhappy with their love lives for various reasons and they wanted to change things. The girls in this one are in a similar situation.  In this one the girls are competing over a guy before other love interests emerge. Maybe it would have been nice for the girls not to compete over a guy.

Just once in a movie if a character says “don’t worry we won’t see him (or her) again”, it would be nice if they didn’t see that person again. I know that sentence is supposed to be ironic but maybe I have seen this cliché used too often lately. 

Overall this is not bad but it could have been better I think.  Maybe a film about the exploits of four young women should have had a woman writer or director (or both). The actors playing the girls are good and they seem like friends. There are some sweet movements with the girls and their love interests. (Yeah, I am sappy.) 

If you have Netflix, maybe give it a chance. If after twenty minutes you aren't entertained, then you could quit. Maybe I was feeling generous but I might consider watching this again some day.  I think maybe I will rule out possible sequels.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible