I re-watched Harry Potter and The Sorcerer’s stone

I re-watched this film last weekend. I am not sure why, I just put it on. 

It is good. The young cast was good (and they would get better as the series continued) and the movie is a lot of fun. I liked the first act before Harry gets to Hogwarts a lot. The first meeting of Harry and Ron was fun and their first meeting with Hermione was fun too.

It takes a while for the plot to develop or to kick in. I liked that and it was fun to see the school and meet some of the teachers. I think this movie needed a bit more time to set the stage or introduce its world than most other movies.

The filmmakers didn’t want us to like Draco Malloy but maybe that was true in the book too.  Draco did not have a huge role in this film but he is at least a secondary villain. 

I think this is as good a first film in a franchise as any from the last twenty years. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible