I think Melissa McMarthy is not taking advantage of her talent

 To say someone is wasting his or her talent is a harsh thing to say. However I think Melissa McCarthy is not taking full advantage of her talent. The movies she makes with her husband Ben Falcone directing aren't dreck but in most cases they are worse than her movies directed by other people. Her movie the Happy Time Murders might be dreck and it is not directed by her husband. It might be the exception that proves the rule. 

I guess there is a comfort level or level of trust in working with your husband. There might be a reason why he is not getting hired to direct movies or co-write movies without you in a starring role.  Maybe it is just me but I would give up some level of comfort or trust to work with other directors and maybe get better results. 

Maybe she is happy with the movie she makes with Falcon. Maybe she sees progress being made with each film and thinks the experience of making movies with Falcone directing is very good. I remember hearing Life of the Party was a step up from their previous film the Boss. 

It seems like the movies she makes with Paul Feig directing turn out better. I am not including Ghostbusters because that film, while not terrible, has some problems that are different from his other works. If you would make a list of McCarthy's ten best movies I think most of her films with Feig would be on that list.

Maybe her new movie Superintellengce will prove me wrong. Falcon directs it. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible