Johnny Depp is leaving the Fantastic Beasts franchise

 Warner Brothers has asked Johnny Depp to leave the Fantastic Beasts franchise. He agreed. This has been an odd year but this is odd even for this year. I don’t remember a star being asked to leave a movie franchise ever. Maybe I am forgetting something but this is strange.

Depp recently lost a libel case in the British courts and his reputation has fallen since domestic abuse allegations against him came out. I had heard that the British libel cases were easier to win than American libel cases, so I am surprised he lost. I don’t think his reputation is what it was even five or six years ago.

Websites have reported that Johnny Depp will still get paid for the film.  I am not sure what to think abou that.

Now if J.K. Rowling could go a few months without insulting groups of people on Twitter, that would be nice for the franchise. She probably cannot. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible