Lord of the Rings The of the Ring is still really good

I haven't seen this any of the Lord of the Rings films in years. I have the new 4k box set. I re-watched the Fellowship of the Ring last weekend. It is really good. Maybe the disappointment of the Hobbit trilogy made me forget (a little) how good the Lord of the Rings trilogy is. (This concludes the bashing of the Hobbit trilogy in this review.)

I did not watch the extended edition. I guess I could have but I liked the original version a lot. I don't feel like I am missing much with that version. Maybe when I re-watch the Two Towers, I will watch the extended version. 

I might not have a 4k TV, so I might be missing some of the impact of the 4k discs. However it is nice to have the discs and it was nice to have both the theatrical and extended versions of the trilogy included. Th film still looked good. 

The cast does a good job and I like the movie's epic feel. I did enjoy the time spent in the Shire before the quest begins but I feel the movie does not take too long to get to the quest. The breaking of the fellowship, even though I knew it was coming, still had an impact.  

I probably will re-watch the other two films in the trilogy before Christmas. In case you were wondering, this is better than Freddy vs. Jason.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible