Wonder Woman 1984 is possibly average

 I think this movie might be average. There are some nice elements but movie is a bit long. This movie could have been maybe 10 to 15 minutes shorter. Maybe using two villains might have not worked.

It is nice to see Chris Pine again as Steve Trevor. He and Gal Gadot have a nice chemistry. It was a nice to see their roles reversed to a degree, with him as a man out of time and Diana explaining the world to him. Gal Gadot remains very good as Diana/Wonder Woman. 

I also thought Kristen Wiig was surprisingly good as Barbara Minerva. She should do some more noncomedic roles. I thought Pedro Pascal was fine as Maxwell Lord and he did not seem that similar to Donald Trump to me. I know that was something some critics mentioned.  

This one was good at times but a little too long and sometimes it seemed like maybe the movie would have played better with only one villain.  Maybe limiting the film to one villain would have improved a  of storyline. An online critic suggested maybe that saving Steve Trevor's return for the next movie would have improved this one.

Notice that I have not said much about the plot. I am not sure what to say about the plot without giving away spoilers. Diana/Wonder Woman returns to action and Steve Trevor returns to life and some new villains are coming into power. There could be more to say.

I am not sure if this film is worth re-watching.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible