Movie thoughts late November 2021

I think the first Fear Street movie was the best. I liked all three. I think I might re-watch the first film in a few months and see if I have any new thoughts I want to share. 

I liked Black Widow. It was a bit odd going into the movie after seeing her die on screen. I wonder if that was part of the reason I liked Shang Chi a bit more than Black Widow. It took too long for her to get a solo movie.

There is a report that before Ghostbusters Afterlife that a video shows director Jason Reichtman talking about there being 300 Easter Eggs in the movie. I think that seems like a lot, maybe too many. I am not against Easter Eggs but maybe putting 300 Easter Eggs in a movie seems like a lot of effort that could be used in other ways.

I saw Mystery Men. It is good. I am not sure if I would watch it again or not. It is a laugh riot but it has some laughs. It is a less of a spoof than I expected. It stars Ben Stiller and sometime I find him a little too much. The song All Star by Smash Mouth dates the film a bit.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible