Movie thoughts mid November 2021

I’d think I rather watch a third Debt Collectors movie than another Red Notice. I don’t think there will be a third Debt Collectors movie. Film critic/podcaster David Chen tweeted that Deadpool was a blessing for Ryan Reynolds economically but also a limitation or curse creatively. That Reynolds is just playing variations on Deadpool. 

Ghostbusters Afterlife comes out soon. I am curious if people will go. Maybe I will give the movie a shot if there are some more positive reviews.

Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings was pretty good. I think it is worth re-watching sometime next year. 

I have not complained about too much comic relief in a film for a while. I wonder if I have just accepted that movies might have more comic relief than I’d like. Or maybe movies are starting to cut back on comic relief.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible