Red Notice should be better (updated)

This movie feels like it should be better. This stars Dwayne Johnson, Gal Gadot, and Ryan Reynolds. Maybe Johnson is making so many films that a new film by him does not seem like an event. (He has had seven or eight films come out since 2017.) I still think Dave Bautista might be better in some roles but I have liked most of the films I’ve seen with Johnson.

Reynolds seems to be playing a variation of Deadpool with each film. Maybe he is in a rut or he needs a slightly different role. Free Guy was a nice change of pace.

Gal Galdot is okay I guess but I don’t think she has been really good outside of her role as Wonder Woman. Or else she needs Chris Pine as a co-star. 

This is not terrible. I have seen worse. Gadot is working against Johnson and Reynolds. Johnson wants to clear his name after being framed for the theft of one of Cleopatra’s golden eggs. He and Reynolds team up.

I just don’t think there is anything special about this film.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible