Rocky Vs Drago is pretty good

This is interesting. This is a reworked version of Rocky IV.  About 40 minutes of previously unused footage has been added but other footage was removed. The movie remains under 2 hours.

Paulie’s robot has been removed from the film. The robot might have been not received and I think he won’t be missed.This does not leave a lot for Paulie to do in the movie. Paulie does have a nice moment in the film though. 

It is good. The relationship with Rocky and Apollo is a highlight. I haven’t seen the original cut of Rocky IV in ages but I think this cut might be better in some ways. I think the last thirty minutes or so of the film are pretty much the same as the original version.

I think this is worth seeing even if you have seen the original cut.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible