Late December 2021 movie thoughts

Don’t Look Up is a movie that seems like it should be better. The cast is very good (Jennifer Lawrence, Leonardo DiCaprio, Jonah Hill, and also Meryl Streep) but I lost interest in under 30 minutes or so. I don’t think I will revisit it.If I were a professional critic, I would have finished it. I think it is supposed to be a comedy.

The Tuskegee Airmen was worth seeing again. This is the made for HBO movie from 1995. Lawrence Fishburne and Cuba Godding Jr stared. There are some white characters who aren’t subtle in their contempt towards the African-American pilots. I liked the training sequences.

I have been thinking about the Star Wars sequel trilogy and what went wrong. I have read articles and watched YouTube videos (some were fairly interesting). I think I could write a decent posting about what went wrong but I might not have anything new to say. Maybe the franchise is transitioning to TV/streaming. Maybe that is okay.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible