Maybe I never saw Planes, Trains, and Automobiles before this week

 I tried to watch Planes, Trains, and Automobiles but lost interest. Maybe I never saw it before but I thought I had. Steve Martin and John Candy play strangers who meet while traveling and they have various adventures. 

I did not find it funny. Martin’s character is so mean to Candy’s character. (Martin’s character might have some reason to be upset.) Maybe it is because Candy is so likable in other movies but when he looks hurt, he seems really hurt. These guys arguing all movie should be funny but I did not find most of their exchanges funny.

I wonder if the movie is kind of dated and that is why I did not like it. Maybe I will sample some of the bonus features.  Maybe that will make my purchase worthwhile. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible