70 showings of a movie at a single movie theater

 I don’t talk a lot about the business side of movies on this blog. I am somewhat interested in the the business side of movies but not sure I have anything worth saying about the business. 

However I saw that a theater in New York City is showing the new Dr. Strange movie 70 times a day. (Wow.) I had a few thoughts. I guess that is giving people what they want or at least what the theater thinks people want. I wonder if this is bad for the industry as a whole. 

The business is changing. Romantic comedies seem to have gone to streaming services. I think at least one of To All the Boys films should have gone to theaters.  I am also surprised that none of those films are on physical media.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible